Coffee is a beverage, people love to have on a bad day to make it better or when they have to stay awake all night. Many people across the globe love it. Coffee is brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, the seeds of berries from a certain Coffea species. In India, you can find a rich tradition of growing coffee locally. And the major states where the best coffee in India predominantly grown are Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Nagaland, Tripura, and Assam. It was introduced in the 15th century for the first time in Yemen, southern Arabia, and now there is no place in this world where coffee has not made its impact. Brazil was the top producer of coffee beans, producing one-third of the world total in 2018.
It’s slightly bitter, but the sweet taste has made a special place in the heart of coffee lovers. And they cannot think of living without having a warm cup of coffee in their hands every day. Some like their coffee is a bit strong, and some like their coffee a bit sweeter. It all depends on the drinker how he wants to have it.
This coffee cup is a cup of pure happiness that comes in various shades, proportions, and tastes. The love for coffee in India has substantially grown in the past years because of coffee chains like Cafe Coffee Day, Starbucks, and Barista. It has made coffee even more popular among Indian youth. If you want to savor some good coffee at home, you have come to the right place. We have researched to find out the best coffee, so here we have mentioned the list of top ten best coffee in India.
Best Coffee in India 2020
Nescafe is a widely known coffee brand in India made by Nestle. It originated in Switzerland in 1938. Its first factory in India was established in 1961 at Moga in Punjab. This brand has made its name in India through its instant rich and aromatic coffee powder called the Nescafe classic, which satisfied our coffee cravings.
Its refreshing aroma awakened our senses and gave us the energy to do extra work. Nescafe takes pride in delivering consistent quality at the highest standard. It has a range of different coffees on the scale of the roast and a tasty variety of flavors. It dominates the Indian market in terms of coffee brands. Whether you are craving a shot of espresso, a luxurious latte or a cold nitro coffee, Nescafe has it all. Some of its products are Nescafe classic, Nescafe Classic Decaf, Nescafe Gold, Nescafe Gold Decaf, Nescafe Gold Latte, Nescafe Gold Cappuccino, and Nescafe Smoovlatte.
- Start your day right with the first sip of this classic that awakens your senses to new opportunities
- Premium frothy instant coffee right at home; a must try for all coffee-lovers
Price: It is available in the market in 200 grams of the packet with a price tag of 398.
2. Blue Tokai
Blue Tokai started roasting from 2013. This Delhi based artisanal coffee brand wants to bring the taste of well-grounded coffee beans to north India. The Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters Vienna Roast (Dark Roast) has 100% pure arabica beans. It is oaky and faintly fruity, dark. Vienna roast coffee has an amazing taste with very low cocoa overtones and acidity. Oaky and slightly bitter, This coffee is definitely for you if you like to have dark coffees. Tokai Coffee Roasters Vienna is a dark one with a very strong bitter-sweet flavor.
The name blue Tokai means the tail of a peacock, which is also the logo of the brand. This coffee is for customers who like their coffee taste bold. It has 100% Arabica beans, which are dark and faintly fruity. Blue Tokai gives a premium coffee experience to its drinkers. This is roasted and grounded to suit your brewing method.
No products found.
Price: The company avails this coffee in a pack of 250 grams with a cost of 400 rupees.
The flying squirrel is one of the richest brands of coffee in India. It started in 2013. This brand coffee mostly grows in Coorg. The brand got this name because the most common animal seen in that area is flying squirrel, so the organization has chosen its name as their brand name. It comes in 6 packs, which is a great way to explore the uniqueness of their coffee. It’s coffee beans dried with the pulp-on technique.
Flying Squirrel has over nine delicious coffees that you can visit their websites or stores around the country to purchase the coffees. If you have your own farms and done farming or have a farming background, then you can easily understand the quality at every step. From their condition of the soil, giving water and selecting up the cherries. All over, they do a great job of delivering the best product to the customers. One of their best product coffee is the Flying Squirrel Coffee Rohan Bopanna Masterblend Coffee Powder. It is made from 100 percent pure arabica beans.
Price: The company makes this product available in the price of 449 just for a pack of 250 grams.
Lavazza is an Italian coffee manufacturing brand. It was founded in Turin, Italy, in 1895 by Luigi Lavazza. When the company started, they don’t have enough space to store, so they started their organization in a grocery shop. And currently, the business of Lavazza S.p.A. is run by the third and fourth generation of the same family.
This brand imports coffee from different countries around the world and blends them in their company. The Lavazza is known as Italy’s favorite coffee. It has taken over 16 million out of 20 million coffee purchasing families to choose this brand. The company has a lot of delicious coffee production. Some of their products are Qualita Oro, Qualita Rosso, Club, Caffe Espresso, Caffe Crema, Gran Aroma Bar, Super Crema, Crema e Gusto, Crema e Aroma, Top Class and many more. One of its products is Lavazza Caffe Espresso. The coffee made from pure 100% premium Arabica beans. You don’t have to worry about having a piece of expensive or special equipment, and It can brew in any coffee maker.
- Blend made from 100 % specially selected Arabica coffees from south America & Africa
- Medium roasted coffee with the notes of fruits & flowers
Price: The company offers 250 grams of coffee in 700 rupees in the Indian market.
This company is the collaboration between the Italian Master Roaster Dr. Dante Cagliari, and Indian coffee growers, Shetty. It is the collaboration of Indian coffee planters and Italian roasters. The perfect mixture of talents, the coffee grows in the hills of Chikmagalur. It is roasted by Italian roaster’s hands to produce exquisite gourmet coffees. They had decided to deliver the best cup of coffee to their clients.
The Seven Beans Coffee Company produces not only perfectly roasted coffees in the form of powder but also makes single-use coffee capsules. These capsules help to keep the flavor and aroma of the coffee locked. It is just because you get a perfect cup of coffee from each capsule.
- Our coffee beans are directly sourced from SHADE-GROWN farms that do not disturb natural ecology
- Suggested preparations: Decoction, Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Cold Coffee, French Press
The Seven Beans Eka Ground Roast is a decent coffee produced by the company. And even coffee is mixed by Dr. Cagliari for the organization. An even-bodied solid coffee with a well-cherished cream and rich flavor.
Price: The company sells 250 grams of this coffee in 380 rupees
The Starbucks Corporation was founded in Seattle, USA, in 1971. This brand is a world-famous coffee brand, and they are serving the best cup of coffee from the year 1971. Today the organization has an excess of more than 26,000 outlets around the world. This world-famous brand opened its first outlet in India at Elphinstone Building at Horniman Circle, Mumbai, in 2012. Since then, not only Mumbai but all around the country they spread their business.
In India, the Starbucks and tata global beverages make collaboration and called Tata Starbucks Ltd. The Starbucks Ground House Blend has many kinds of nuts flavors and cocoa upgraded by the broiling procedure. Because for them, it is always about the quality that they serve to the people. They have many products in the coffee. But the most loved coffee of this brand is Starbucks VIA Instant Latte Caffe Mocha. They’re passionate about moral sourcing of coffee and uses only the best arabica coffee beans and roast them with under lots of care. They have mixes extending from medium to dark roast.
- Starbucks House Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 200g
- Rich with toffee notes, STARBUCKS House Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee, ready to brew Aroma, body and flavour all in balance with tastes of nuts and...
Price: The pack of 185 grams of this coffee comes in 1500 rupees.
Davidoff is one of the finest and premium luxurious brands available in the Indian market. The Zino Davidoff Group swiss brand was founded in 1980 as a business focused on premium luxury products. This brand is mainly famous for its cigars, cigarettes, and smoker’s accessories. But the company started their business with fragrances, then soon they increase their products branched into watches, leather goods, fashion accessories, and coffee.
The Davidoff group coffee is made using pure 100% arabica beans. These beans considered the best coffee beans. The company roasts the coffee in a good environment to preserve the flavor of the beans during the roasting process as much as they can. Lots of things are there that the brand takes into consideration before roasting the coffee beans to store the flavor of the beans. The company produces products of coffee like rich aroma, Espresso instant Coffee, fine aroma coffee. Supreme World Davidoff Coffee Espresso is one of its intense and assertive coffee with a sweet finish.
- Indulge in the full-bodied flavour of Davidoff cafe rich aroma
- Add to that a gorgeous brown crema on top of every cup
Price: The company provides 100 grams of a bottle with a price tag of 390 rupees in the Indian market.
The Hindustan Unilever Limited launched this coffee brand in 1969. And it is known as the most favorite brand of India. The bru marketed under the marketing chain of the Brooke Bond umbrella brand. In the Indian market, it holds the 49.6 percent share. This product of Hindustan Unilever Limited is known as the second best-selling coffee brand just after the Nescafe. It has various coffee categories like BRU Select, BRU Exotic, BRU Gold, BRU instant coffee, BRU Roast, and Ground, and so on, are its variants.
Gold Instant coffee is a pure 100% coffee extraction of plantation and robusta beans picked from coffee plantations in South India.
- Bru Gold Instant Coffee is 100% pure granulated coffee that offers the authentic taste of coffee in every sip
- Blend of plantation and robusta beans carefully handpicked from the finest South Indian plantations and roasted to perfection
Price: The brands make this product available in the small glass bottle of 100 grams with a price tag of 251 rupees.
This brand is well known to all of us, Weather we call it cafe coffee day or CCD we all are familiar with this brand. It is an Indian coffee chain founded in 1996. It is a backup business of Coffee Day Enterprises, and today it has a solid presence in six nations serving about two billion cups of coffee in a year. The organization develops and forms its very own coffee. As well as they make coffee machines and the furniture for its stores to minimize the expenses and completely coordinate its activities.
Cafe coffee day has Coffee Day Mysore Royal Coffee Powder, which is their best coffee with a little bit of spicy taste. Hand-picked coffee beans make this coffee category. And the company makes this coffee powder available in the market in a tin that keeps the freshness and smell of the coffee powder secured.
- Coffee Day Beans
- Roasted Coffee Beans
Price: The brand avail of this product in a tin container of 200 grams for rupees 210.
Buying Guide for Coffee
Nothing can make you feel more relaxed than a cup of hot coffee. Many of us hardly imagine our day without a cup of hot coffee. It doesn’t matter whether it is winter or summer.
The coffee lover just needs coffee to make their evening relaxed. So, as we all know, many brands are available in the market with their different varieties of coffee, which one are you going to love most to have it.
It all depends on you. Some of the important information that everyone should know about before buying coffee discussed below.
Types of Coffee
There are mostly two types of coffee that are consumed by most of the consumers worldwide-Arabica and Robusta. Both of the coffee grow from the two main species of coffee plant Coffee Arabica and Coffee Robusta, respectively.
Arabica Coffee: They have a light flavor and balanced aroma mixed to have a sweet and sharp taste. As we compared this coffee, it has half the amount of caffeine in it as compared to robusta coffee. The arabica coffee seeds harvested between the months of November to January. And they typically are grown in higher altitudes ranging from 600 meters to 2000 meters in cool, moisture-rich, and subtropical weather conditions. The arabica coffee seeds required high and rich nutrient soil to conform to the highest international standard quality.
The four most popular varieties of Arabica coffee are:
- Kents Coffee
- S.795 Coffee
- Cauvery Coffee
- Sln.9 (Selection 9) Coffee
It has just double the level of caffeine as compared to arabica coffee. This coffee has a strong taste and a grainy essence, and somehow, it tastes like you had peanuts in your mouth when you finished your coffee. We can grow this variety of coffee at the lower heights also.
These coffee plants harvested between the months of December to February. This coffee plants can stand straight even in the bad weather condition. Robusta takes less time to grow up as compared to arabica plants, and they are better in yield. But the arabica coffee is more likely in the international market.
Even though the high robusta coffee has a strong taste and bought by many people in the market as they have a high strong taste, and it helps in generating the crema1.
The two most popular varieties of the robusta coffee are:
- S.274 Coffee
- CxR Coffee
Some of the Most Popular Variations of Coffee Are:
- Americano: The word “Americano” derived from the American Spanish, which means “American”. It is a type of coffee prepared by mixing the coffee powder in hot water.
- Latte: The word “Latte” means the “Milk Coffee,” this word latte is taken from the Italian dictionary. The latte coffee prepared by mixing the coffee powder with the steamed milk. And the coffee powder is mixed until some amount of foam did not come at the top.
- Cafe Mocha: It also termed as the mochaccino. The word mocha taken from the city name mocha in Yemen, which was earlier the center of the coffee trade. Cafe mocha is the chocolate flavor variant of the coffee latte. It is also prepared by mixing cocoa powder in steamed milk but is has chocolate flavor.
- Cappuccino: It is an Italian word that derived from the Latin, its meaning is hood. The cappuccino is coffee, which is prepared just like the coffee latte. The coffee powder is mixed in the steamed milk, but the difference is it has a thin layer of foam floating at the top of the cup as compared to the coffee latte.
- Frappe: It is a greek iced coffee that is made instantly from coffee, sugar, and water. The brand Nescafe accidentally invents it. It mostly sold in the Greece cafes. The word frappe means “the chilled in crushed ice” in Greece. This coffee has become the post-war hallmark in the greek coffee culture. It started in the 19th century as the cafe frappe. We all are familiar with this frappe as we called it cold coffee.
- Macchiato: It is sometimes called espresso macchiato. It is a coffee drink that has a little amount of milk in it. Usually, the foam or cream of the milk is used to make this coffee drink. It is a hot coffee made in Italy. The word macchiato means “stained” or “spotted”. This coffee has more amount of foam as compared to the latte coffee floating on the top of the coffee.
Some of The Coffee From World Over
Just like in our Indian country, south Indian usually calls coffee as kappi, which is south Indian filtered coffee. So like that most of the countries like to prepare their own type of coffee.
Some of them are:
- Vietnamese Coffee: This coffee was introduced in Vietnam by the french in 1857. It served with condensed milk, and this method of serving coffee is well known all over the world.
- Viennese Coffee: It is prepared by mixing the double amount of coffee powder in hot water, and infused with whipped cream of the milk, which has the sprinkles of chocolate on it.
- Turkish Coffee: This coffee prepared by the blending down fine coffee grounded beans of any category, whether the beans are of arabica or robusta coffee. Most people prefer to use the arabica coffee bean powder to prepare this coffee.
- Ethiopian Coffee: This coffee prepared by mixing the arabica coffee powder in hot water. Ethiopian coffee is made mostly in Ethiopia, which is the origin of arabica coffee plants.
- Galao from Portugal: It is made in Portugal with the coffee powder and foamed milk. It contains the one-fourth of coffee powder and three fourths of milk to prepare this hot coffee. Mostly it is served in the tall glass.
Day by day, coffee is gaining popularity. People love to have it at lunch on stylish hangouts like cafe coffee day or barista. It depends on the consumer, whether he likes to have hot coffee or cold coffee. So to help you in selecting the best coffee for you, we have mentioned above the list of the best coffee in india that you can choose. The list helps you out in making a decision before buying coffee. As per our side, we tried our best to give you all the knowledge about the best coffee in India. We have already discussed the varieties and the origin of the coffee beans earlier in the article. If we still missed mentioning something in the article must comment.