Drones have started taking a giant leap in India as the Indian Government has finally legalized the use of Drones with a proper license. Drones have become a core of Management Companies, Film Industries, Automobile Companies, and many more. Usage of drones has minimized human labor and has brought down the cost to minimal. Drones are now easily accessible in every region of the country, as well as online stores like Amazon.
They are one of the most compact and convenient ways of transport of items inside multiple industries and are flourishing at an alarming rate. The reasons for the popularity of Drones are compact, easily traceable, camera (obviously), and high speeds. You might be interested in buying a drone for yourself, but you are not sure which one to buy, right? Maybe you are looking for the Best Drones in India. After comprehensive research and with review units, here is what we experienced with the Drones, along with the features explained briefly. Here is our list.
Best Drone in India 2019
DJI Mavic Pro is a very light-weight and strong plastic built-body drone. It is infamous for its top-notch quality drones in Western Countries and is doing great in India. This drone is for professional enthusiasts as it is a combination of speed with excellent camera quality. It offers impressive photos and video-footages, even at higher and long ranges. DJI has integrated some mind-boggling technologies inside their drones line like Head-Collision Technology. Drones have sensors on all the four sides to avoid collision with any surface even at their highest speeds, which is remarkable. Drone recognizes obstacles on the way and self-adjusts itself to avoid any crashes and mishaps. The company claims that their drones can detect obstacles at as far as 49 feet range.
On the other hand, Mavic Pro equipped with GLONASS and GPS technologies that are programmed to provide the best possible navigation and flight control. The best part of Mavic Pro is that it is powered by a 12MP 4K camera working on a three-axis gimbal to provide next-level stabilization to video footage and capture still photos. Built-in wifi can transfer live video footage to your smartphone with a very low latency time.
- Glonass and GPS
- Head-Collision Technology
- 4K recording
Kiditos Syma Pocket Drone is loaded with a plethora of features weighing around 81.6g and can fly up to 20 meters above the ground. Though the brand name may sound unfamiliar, they are the manufacturer of some best drones available in stores. Altitude Hold Mode feature allows the drone to hold still at an altitude and self-adjusts the drone to tackle high winds.
Head Mode feature of Kiditos Syma allows the drone to control in always North direction. It means the Drone always fly according to your perspective and direction to minimize crash chances and enhance the flying experience. These features stand out this particular drone from others on the list. Other mind-boggling features include One-Click take-off and land at the same spot. The drone can take off from the ground with a single click and land at the very same spot back with the help of GPS in the background. The third roll is another feature that lets you flip the drone 360* with just one-click. It has some great features integrated, which makes it an optimal choice to purchase without any second thought.
- Safe-Landing Feature
- One-touch 360* flip
- Head Controlled Mode
DJI Tello is an advanced Drone with integrated Intel chip inside. The Intel processor helps the drone to process data very quickly and produce some excellent quality video footage. This drone takes you to the next step towards professionalism. It has DJI’s Head Collision technology that helps the drone to avoid crashes with obstacles. It is powered by a 5MP camera, which produces amazing quality with helping the hand of the Intel processor programmed to work together.
This drone can fly as high as up to 50 meters above the ground, and electronic image stabilization is another pro of Dji Tello over others. This model also endorsed the learning part where new programmers can code and learn drone programming as it supports the program learning system. New codes can be created and tested over it. Intel builds the DJI smartphone app, and it can be used to watch live footage directly on your smartphone.
- Integrated Intel Processor
- Head Collision Technology
- Electronic Image Stabilization
Izi MJX B3 RC Quadcopter is a fantastic competitor in this list. It loads with numerous features and a plethora of technology in a single pack. Its safe flight system allows the drone to land back at the same spot it took off. These features work on a single key click and can use in any emergency case like power failure or navigational error. Besides, the problems the company assures that the drone returns to its landing spot. Follow me. The mode is the coolest feature ever in Drones where they fix a focus point on an object and keeps capturing them even when they move. It became a very fruitful option for Film Makers and Vloggers as well.
They used to use heavy helicopters with additional men and camera equipment to take follow up shots of moving cars, but now it can be done easily with such small and compact gadgets. The major drawback of this drone is that it supports a camera, but it doesn’t come with one in the box. You need to purchase it separately though it supports major drone cameras in the market. The charging time of a single battery of the drone is around 3-4 hours, and fly time introduced is around 22 minutes.
- Safe-Flight System
- Follow-Me Mode
- 22 minutes of Flying time
Another family member of DJI, Spark. DJI Spark built on the principle of Mavic pro, but it is even lighter, compromising a little bit of video quality and built quality. If you tend to ignore them, then it can be an ideal choice for you. With DJI badging, you expect a really good built and amazing aerial view video footage with its Head Collision technology.
This drone is very compact and efficient in terms of battery usage and can be packed easily in its case in no time. Unlike other big drones, it is very small and can carry in its case on-the-go. You have multiple color options available for it. Gimbal of DJI drones tend to be very delicate, but Spark is an exception with good strength Gimbal pre-installed. GLONASS and GPS installed in the typical DJI fashion. Spark features include being controlled by a smartphone and have a flight range of 100m, which is massive in its segment. DJI GO 4 app available on App Store as well as Play Store can be used to control DJI Spark with a strong wifi connection.
- Very light-weight
- Head-Collision Technology
- GLONASS and GPS
Pluto Programmable Quadcopter is the perfect Drone for learning. One can learn how to fly drones easily with it your you can say it is a starter pack for flying drones. Drones these days have so many advanced features and are very expensive while this is just a drone with 4 rotors only. This is a very raw drone; hence, even if you collide it with any object, it can be repaired easily with minimal cost.
Pluto is known for its basic drones as they are price-effective, and they focus on learning drones. The material used is very light, and the design is a typical drone style. The app of Pluto has a very user-friendly interface and can use with ease. All controls are available in single-touch and can operate easily. Pluto’s DIY format allows its buyers to program and learn Drone coding, which is in trend these days. Pluto allows freedom to experiment and let its buyers enjoy the raw drone. Pluto claims that each and every component of its Drone is replaceable at very cheap rates. The model works around Cygnus IDE, which open-sourced. You can play around with codes and achieve the required results with your coding skills.
- Programmable Quadcopter
- Raw Design
- Easily Repairable
- Best for Learning Purposes
Izi Advance Quadcopter is again a partial built between a learning drone and a professional drone. It has the quality of a raw drone while it is made with rigid plastic for regular drone operations. Izi is equipped with a 2MP 720p camera for high aerial images and videos. This quadcopter can easily control with its smartphone application with a secure wifi connection. This quadcopter can easily hover up to heights of 60 meters. Plenty of features allow you to control the quadcopter easily without any hassle. It weighs around 700 grams and has 360 roll-overs with the one-touch feature as well. LED lights, Gravity sensors, Speed Mode, and some other mind-boggling features make it a viable option and capable of dropping it into this list.
- 720p Camera
- One-click 360* flip
- LED lights and Gravity sensors
The infamous DJI Mavic Pro 2 is a follow up of Mavic Pro with plenty of advance safety features integrated into a lighter body. Mavic Pro was built with a vision of a quick drone with the best possible video footage at its fastest speeds. The drone is powered with Hasselblad L1D-20c camera.
It can capture super-sharp images and deliver beautiful aerial videos with its 20 MP camera. DJI claims that it records up to 1 billion colors and process the best to give you the best and closest possible image to the actual scene. CMOS sensor added in it is 4 times more effective than the regular sensors in Mavic Pro. It also provides a 10-bit Blog-M color, which results in better versatility. Mavic 2 Pro supports 4K recording along with HDR support to make the best content out of it.
- 20MP Camera with Stabilization
- Cmos sensor
- 4K recording with HDR support
This Quadcopter was made to achieve high flying levels and set a new record and put a flag of Izi on a high altitude. it claims that quadcopter can remain in the sky for around 20 minutes, which is better than average drone flying time. The only company that is ahead of Izi in terms of flying time is DJI by approximately 2-3 minutes. It weighs around 200 grams and can fly up to height 50 meters in the air. Speed is the best part of this drone. Yes! It can fly up to 300m straight in a straight line in 20 minutes, which is massive.
The design is very aerodynamic and mesmerizing. The body is built with sturdy plastic and do not damage against light crashes at all. With a 2MP camera on-board, you can capture some amazing quality videos and images in a single click. The company has made parts available easily, and hence, even if any part of your drone gets damaged, then you can easily get it repaired with a very little cost. Last but not least, it is equipped with one-click to take off, easy return to a landing spot, and 3D roll-over.
- Flying time up to 20 minutes
- High-Speed Drone
The last beast of the list is Izi MJX B3 RC Quadcopter it outshines everyone in this list in terms of looks. Besides looks, it loads with plenty of safety features, and its edgy design makes it stand apart from its competitors. Though, its size can be a problem to carry it everywhere. It comes installed with a plethora of features like a safe flight system, which makes the drone return to the place it took off. Well, this safety feature was integrated into Izi MJX series drones to avoid losing the drone in emergency situations like camera failure, navigational error, or flight becomes uncontrolled.
This model comes with inbuilt GPS for great navigation and precise flight control, even at high altitudes.LED lights and self-adjusting ECS makes it a more viable option for purchasing at this price point. Though it doesn’t come with a camera in the box, the camera needs to be purchased separately, but it does works with most of the cameras out there in the market. Actually, Izi doesn’t want its customers to confine with 1 built-in camera. You can change the camera as per your choice and situations. Flying range claimed is around 800M, and fight time in one charge of 3-4 hours is 22 minutes, which is great.
- Flying time up to 20 minutes
- Safe-flight System
- Multiple Cameras supported
When you type Drones anywhere online, a bunch of options pop-up linking to hundreds of e-commerce store with a plethora of options available for the drone, but, on the other hand, it becomes confusing as everyone is not familiar with drones and what factors to look upon before investing a decent amount in a flying drone.
After comprehensive research, we were able to make our own Buying Guide for our readers and the factors to look upon before buying any Drone.
Types of Drones
These days, drones are just light-weight machines made for flying with 4 powerful rotors capable of lifting the drone and pulling it around in the air. Also, there is a vast difference between Quadcopter and a Drone, but people often mix them as they don’t know the proper difference.
The principle is Every Drone is a Quadcopter, while every quadcopter isn’t a Drone. The quadcopter is a simple model with 4 rotors capable of flying, but Drones were reformed quadcopters with installed Cameras in them. The primary purpose of Drones to Spy and take care of borders way back then, but the scene is far changed compared to old times.
Advancing technology has made drones readily available and made capable of fulfilling day to day needs.
- Casual and Toy Drones: As the name suggests, these drones are very cheap and easy to maintain. These are made to have fun and learn the basic controls of a drone. They are very compact in size and are known for their education and fun purposes. These drones can be gifted to kids older than 10 years to have fun under the guidance of their parents. These drones generally don’t last long on flight time because of their compact sizes.
- Video Drones: Video Drones are expensive as they come with a built-in camera and plenty of features involved like Gimbal for proper image stabilization. They are more focused on capturing great quality content like Images and Videos. Aerial shots are the prime reason for buying video drones.
- Racing Drones: Racing drones were built for enthusiasts and professionals. It involves a very high-speed rotors and extra light-weight body, which makes drones amazingly fast. Such drones have a flight time of around 10 minutes, and it can operate via professionals only.
Drones Based on Aerial Platform
- Single Rotor: Such drones look very similar to helicopters. They have a big rotor for lifting and a small rotor for balancing and control of movement. These can go up to higher heights that multi-rotor Drones and are much more efficient than multi-rotor drones.
- Multi-Rotor: Multi-Rotor drones are the most generous shape of the drone with 4 rotors at 4 corners with two rotors moving clockwise and the other two anti-clockwise. They consume a lot of electricity, but 4 rotors provide a better stabilization and can cover most of the angles for a better aerial view from a high angle.
- Fixed Wing: These are the least popular drones in the market. They have wings fixed like an airplane, as the name describes. They have the capability of flying in the air and can standstill at a point also.
Features to consider
- Camera: The very first priority of purchasing a drone is to capture video and images from a distance and heights. Drones were the possible solution for capturing the aerial view from the top like an eye of the bird. There are plenty of models available that can record even at 4K with super crisp quality. Opt of the high-resolution camera drones to match your needs.
- Battery: Drones have 4 rotors that are necessary for a proper flight, but they do consume a lot of battery at the same time. Due to high rotations per second, the battery of an average drone lasts around 20-22 minutes of a charge of 3-4 hours. Well, there are no such drones that have a high battery and great cameras at the same time as great cameras do consume a lot of battery, and at the very same time, the processor inside drone works hard and fast to process all the images and video footage.
- Speed: Normal Drones can fly up to 60kmph while there are plenty of options available for speeds. High-speed drones can fly up to more than 100kmph but require professional or experienced operations as they aren’t generally equipped with head-on collision technology and sensors to avoid the unnecessary weight. Extra weight leads to less achievable speeds. High-Speed drones only have a light-weight body with very high-speed rotors.
Now that you have seen the list of Best Drones in India, nothing should hold you back from availing the fantastic deals. After all, drones have legalized in our country, and we can avail of all of its services to its fullest. For your help, we have mentioned the list of the best drone in India so that you won’t get confused. We assure you about the information that we have given to you about the best drone in India as our team has done comprehensive research on them. I hope we have done the best for you. Still, you have any queries or suggestions then must comment below.
Are you looking for the best drone in India? Choosing the right drone among the various options available is a difficult task to do!