Are you looking forward to buying a water heater to beat the cold this winter? Then we have a solution for you. This article will help you out with a list of best water heater in India. Winter is challenging for us. We feel the chill while taking a shower in cold water. Not only that we feel lethargic to take a shower in the cold winter morning. Installing a water heater in your bathroom can resolve the issue. Bathing in hot water in the chilly morning will make you energetic.
Things to consider…
- A good water heater is supposed to provide hot water whenever you want to. Additionally, it should not consume electricity. Safety is another factor that is associated with every electrical good and Geyser is no different.
- The number of people who use the water heater is crucial.
- There is a myth that the water heater does consume a significant amount of electricity. The consumption of electricity is influenced by other factors as well. We are about to discuss the electricity consumption before getting into a conclusion about choosing the best water heater.
Best Water Heater in India 2019
1. AO Smith HSE-SDS Water Heater
The AO Smith HSE-SDS Water Heater is found, two models. According to the model, the capacity changes, you can get the water heater in 15-liter capacity and a 25-liter capacity. The design of the product is compact, and that makes it stylish.
The water heater has a blue diamond glass lining inside it and that resistant to corrosion. It has glass coated heating element. The coated heating element prevents the formation of scale on the surface. The tank of the heater has an anode rod and a stainless steel core. The stainless steel protects the tank from corrosive substances.
The water heater comes with a temperature control knob. You can manually regulate the temperature. If ever the temperature goes beyond the level you set, then the thermal cutout will adjust the heat by cutting off the power supply. This particular model comes with safety value that does not let any anomaly happen related to electricity. It discharges the water if the pressure gets higher than the limit you set.
Overall the AO Smith HSE-SDS water heater is considered as one of the best water heaters. The water heater works well with the hard water. The particular water heater earned four stars from BEE, and it provides a seven-year warranty on the tank, a two-year warranty on the heating equipment.
- A tank made of blue glass
- 4 Stars from BEE
- The range of temperature lies between 25 to 75-degree centigrade
- The rates of water pressure are 8 Bar
- Storage capacity 15/25 liter
2. Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
BEE also rates Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Water Heater. The product comes with an attractive outlook. The water heater is easy to install in your bathroom. The storage capacity of the Geyser is 15 liters. Therefore, you will get hot water even after you are done with the shower.
The water heater has a temperature knob that enables you to adjust the temperature manually. Once the temperature of the water reaches the desired level, the Geyser automatically stop heating.
The water heater has an auto thermostat feature that enables the product to adjust its temperature. The product reduces the chances of an anomaly if you ever forget to switch off the water heater. The particular model helps to save the electricity bill.
The Crompton Solarium Storage water heater has earned four stars from BEE. The heater is appropriate for 4 to 5 people. The estimated power consumption is around 150 rupees. If you are planning for buying a storage water heater this winter, then Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Geyser is appropriate for you.
- Water storage capacity is around 15 liter
- The tank is coated with nanopolymer
- The water heater offers energy saving up to 50 percent
- The product earned four stats rating from BEE
- The customer service number 180004190505
3. American Micronic Imported Water Heater (15 – 25 Lts)
The particular model comes in two different storage capacities, 15 liter, and 25 liters. According to the brand American Micronic, this is India’s first water heater that has Energy saving facilities. The model has three power modes (800W/1200/2000W). The brand also claims that this model is better than BEE 5 star IS2082:1993 and IS302-2-21 standards.
Coming to the interior part, the heater has a steel tank with Titanium enamel glass coating. The tank is 2mm thick and can tolerate 8bar pressure. The water heater is made of high-quality material. The metal used for the heater is resistant to corrosion. The product comes with a 2-year replacement warranty.
- Steel tank with Titanium enamel coating
- Storage capacity varies from 15 liters to 25 liter
- Pressure tolerance: 8 bar
- Magnesium Anode for protecting the heater from corrosion
4. Havells Monza EC Storage Water Heater
Havells Monza Water Heater comes in three storage options, 10, 15 and 25 liters. The Havells Monza is budget friendly; thus if you haven’t set a budget for the water heater, this model will save you from burning your pocket. The Havells Monza has all the necessary features that a high-quality heater should have.
When it comes to the specifications, the Geyser can tolerate 8 bar pressure. The water heater can be used in the high rise apartments. The inner container of a particular product comes with five tears warranty. The entire product comes with two years warranty.
- The product is made by using Feroglas technology
- It has an Incoloy heating element
- It has an adjustable knob
- The storage capacity of the heater 10, 15 and 25 liter
- It has an earth leakage circuit breaker
- The heater has a heavy duty anode rod
5. Kenstar Jacuzzi KGS15W5P 15-Litre 2000 Watt Storage Water Heater
The Kenstar Jacuzzi water heater is highly power efficient. The product has earned five stars from BEE. Coming to the external look the design of the water heater is absolutely elegant.
The external body is made up of ABS plastic that is rust free. The storage tank is durable. It has a rust-resistant stainless steel rod. The storage capacity of the product is 15 liters.
The Kenstar Jacuzzi water heater provides the highest safety standards. The heating element in this water heater is certified by ISI. Apart from these, the water heater has a thermal cut out, siphon and safety valve to provide utmost safety to the heating process.
The product is made by the heat retention technology that enables the heater to limit the loss of heat to a great extent. Therefore, the heater can maintain the temperature of the water for a long time.
The Kenstar Jacuzzi water heater comes with two year warranty on the heating element and six year warranty on the tank. The product is appropriate for a medium-size family consists of 4 to 5 members. The product does not come with the temperature control knob.
- The storage capacity of the water heater is 15 liter
- Due to its high energy efficiency that product was rated 5star by BEE
- The product has a rust free body
- The power consumption of 2000 watts
- The product comes with a 2-year comprehensive warranty
6. Bajaj New Shakti 15 liter vertical water heater
The Bajaj New Shakti is considered as the best selling water heater in the Amazon. The heater is the four-star rated product. As for the company Bajaj, it has taken necessary safety measures to protect the product from the dry heat, pressure and overheating.
The water heater comes with a 15-liter storage tank. The water heater is glass line coated and rust free. The heating element is highly power efficient and can sustain for a longer period. The product has an Incoloy heating element. Bajaj has highly effective protection device.
The heater attracts the harmful salt and protects the storage tank and the heating element from corrosion. The product can endure high pressure. It is suitable for pressure pump installation.
- 15-liter capacity
- 2 KW Heating Element
- Fire Retardant cable with three pins plug.
- Glasslined Coated Inner Tank.
- Rated Pressure 0.70 MPA.
- 4 Star Rated By BEE
- Warranty: 2 years on product
7. Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus 3 Liter Instant water heater has earned five stars from the customers of Amazon. The product is affordable, and you can buy the product from Amazon or Flipkart. This is an instant heater and comes with two tears of the manufacturing warranty. The Geyser is made of ABS plastic. The plastic material made the product rustproof and corrosion proof.
The product weighs 3.3 kg, and you can easily mount it on your bathroom wall. The product has two LED indicators. The indicators will be light up once you switch on the Geyser. Among the two LEDs, the green one indicates the operation and the red one indicates the power supply.
The Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus 3 Liter Instant has a thermostat, and that is preset at 55C. Once the heating element heats up and reaches to the preset temperature the water the thermostat automatically gets switched off. The red LED will also turn off.
The product can give you hot water in less than two minutes. The product is ISI certified, economical and safe.
- It is a steel tank water heater
- The storage capacity is 3 liters
- Power consumption is 3000 watts
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Customer service number: 18004190505 (Toll-Free)
8. AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater
AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater has a rust proof outer body. The body is made up of super quality plastic. The Geyser is compact in size and has an aesthetic outlook. The product weighs around 3.37kg.
The heating element of the water heater comes with a glass coating. The AO Smith heater comes with glass covered heating element and that protects the heating element from scales that lead to a longer life. The sediment is harmful to the heating element it curbs the longevity of the water heater.
AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater can endure in high pressure the capacity of the product is 95 psi. These features make the product ideal for high rise buildings.
The water heater thermostat and that is fault tolerant. Once the water temperature goes beyond the preset temperature, the thermal cutout cuts off the power supply to protect the Geyser.
The AO Smith Instant Water Heater gives hot water in two minutes. The product comes with three years warranty on the heating element and five years warranty on the storage tank. Overall the product is a good pay off and appropriate for a small family.
- It has glass coated heating element
- The storage capacity is 3 Liters
- Power consumption is 3000 Watts
- Three years element warranty and five years tank warranty
9. Bajaj Flora 3-Litre 3kW Instant Water Heater
The Bajaj Flora has a storage capacity of three liters and heats up the water efficiently for your bath. The heater has a neon indicator that helps you to check the heating function and power. The power consumption is up to 3000 watts. The brand Bajaj offers a significantly longer life. It has a sturdy heating element that enables the heater to heat up the water within a few minutes.
The product comes with higher quality in terms of standard and safety. The cables that are attached to the product are fireproof. The product offers additional safety by providing a triple safety system.
The Bajaj Flora Instant Geyser has a thermostat that is rust proof and resistant to high impact. The product is durable and efficient enough to run for a significantly longer time. The product is suitable for high rise and multi-storied buildings.
- The product comes with a long life heating element
- It has neon indicators for power on and heating function
- The power consumption is 3000watts
- The storage capacity is 3 Liters
- The product comes with a warranty of 2 years on product and five years on inner tank
- Customer Service Number: 18001025963
Best Water Heater Brands
- AO Smith
These are a few top bestselling water heater brand available in India. Among all these the AO Smith, AmerianMicronic and Racold are well known international brands. The Bajaj, Havells, Venus, and Compton are Indian brands.
Water Heater Buying Guide
- There are two types of water heater found in India. They are Instant water heater and a water heater with a storage tank.
- When it comes to Instant Geyser, it requires less space for mounting whereas; the water heater with a storage tank takes a bigger space for mounting. The Instant Geyser gives you hot water with a few minutes. In the case of a storage water heater, you have to wait at least five minutes to get hot water.
- Instant Geyser provides a maximum of six liters of hot water. If you want more water, then you need to wait for the water to heat up. On the contrary, the water heaters with storage tank you can store hot water in the tank. This will give a continuous supply of hot water. The
- Instant Geyser is appropriate for a small family. The storage water heater is for medium size or big families.
How to Choose the Appropriate Water Heater for Your Family?
The size of the water heater depends on a few factors. The important factors are a number of members of the family, usage, type of the water heater and the capacity of the water heater. If you enjoy a long shower, then you need storage Geyser. If your family has 4 to 5 members, then you will require a storage water heater. The instant heater comes with a maximum storage capacity of three liters. It is appropriate for a small family.
Factors That Have an Effect on Power Consumption
There are a few factors that have a great influence on electricity consumption. The volume, the input temperature of the water, thermostat temperature, the standing loss is a few factors that define the power consumption. You will often see that every product comes with a wattage mentioned in the model. That wattage indicates the quantity of power that a Geyser may consume. The volume of the water plays a crucial role in electricity consumption. The volume of the water is directly proportional to power consumption.
There are a few other factors that have an effect on power consumption. For instance, the standing loss, the usage and the size of the Geyser influence power consumption. When it comes to standing loss the bigger heater has a higher standing loss.
The Requirement of Hot Water
There is a guideline for getting hot water. The quantity of hot water depends on the number of people using the water heater.
- Normal bathing using buckets require 15 liters per person
- Shower bath requires 25 liters per person
- Bathtub needs 35 liters per person
- Washing clothes need 10 liters per person
- Washing utensils need 5 liters per meal
Appropriate Bathing Temperature
The appropriate bathing temperature varies between 35C to 37C. The bathing temperature does not depend on the thermostat value. The thermostat temperature remains around 60C. This means that you need to add cold water to get an appropriate temperature for bathing.
Effect of Wattage on the Geyser
The wattage of the water heater has a direct relationship with the time that is required for the heating process. For example, a 4.5 KW Geyser can heat the water faster than that of a 2KW Geyser. This will help to reduce the wastage of excess hot water. Nevertheless, this will increase the overall electrical load of the house. Therefore, it will end up increasing the electricity bill of the household.
- The power consumption of a water heater depends on how frequently you are using it. If you live in a colder place then eventually the water heater will have to work more. The more the heater works, the more power it consumes. For instance, a water heater in Northern India consumes more power than the water heater that is installed in South India.
- The usage has an effect on the electricity bill. Because excessive usage will consume power and that will increase the fixed charge of your electricity bill.
- The thermostat temperature always remains around 60C, and that is much higher than the suitable bathing temperature. More significantly the water heater always loses heat that is called standing loss. This is the reason customers are suggested to opt for the branded water heater.
- The water heater uses electricity when excess water is stored in the Geyser. This is the reason the consumers are asked to switch on the water heater right before use and switch off right after the use.
If the water contains more salt, then the water is termed as hard water. In that case, you have to buy a Geyser that is corrosion preventive. The tank is needed to be protected from the corrosion protected. You can install a water softener that helps to convert the hard water into soft water. This will reduce the damage to the water heater.
The appropriate temperature for bathing is two degrees more than the normal human body temperature that is 37C
If you have any queries regarding the selection of best water heater in India, Post them in the comments section below, and I’ll answer them.